EC2 is funny about sending email. Plenty on the web about that. If you just want to set it up for your own emails (e.g. maybe a monitoring script or something) you could consider using GMail. See this reference for full details.
- This is caused by a missing module in Apache: the mbstring module
- There are other similar errors mentioned on the forums, but ‘parsererror’ in particular is caused by the missing module above
- You need to run EasyUpdate in WHM and add mbstring in the Extended Options step
See here for more.
- Ensure that all products have been indexed:
Preferences > Search > Re-index all products
- Enable ‘instant search’ for auto complete
For some reason, maintenance mode sets a status of 503 which causes some browsers to display an error message. Comment the offending line in classes/FrontController.php. See this link for more details.
Possibly caused by a dodgy module
- Enable debug (edit config.inc.php) see this link for more details
- Then refresh the page, you should see any errors printed out directly on the page
- Remember to disable debug when done